Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sewing for Thumbelina



Sometimes I relish the time I acquire that allows me the freedom to work on things that I haven't had a chance to. One of the things I enjoy making are things for my website. I get to choose the fabric, the notions, the pattern, and the choice. There is something relaxing about making something for fun.

Thumbelina was a doll that I adored when I was a young girl. My mother made me give it away when she felt I was too old to hang onto it. So, who would have thought I would eventually be making doll clothing when my girls were young? Who would have thought that Thumbelina would have returned into my life.

I do have a Thumblina, that I acquired on Ebay a few years back. I search high and low for one that was in good shape and still movable when her knob was turned.

So, it was a pleasure to make a nightgown to include on my site that fit Thumbelina specifically. Thumbelina looks beautiful in this new gown. It doesn't have lace, as I wanted to provide a simple gown first. More outfits will be added to the site as I can make the time to create for her size.

This nightgown is made with 100% cotton flannel, has a two button hole closure, and a cute little pink bow button on the bodice. The flannel is a cute flannel that has baby toys throughout. The bodice is fully lined. All seams are finished preventing the opportunity for fraying. Elastic on the wrists of the sleeves, and folded-over hems for the sleeves and hem of skirt. As always, looking to provide a quality product for those seeking quality craftsmanship. Check out Thumbelina's page at http://www.davinadawnsewing.com/dollthumbelina.htm to see the different views.

Those who enjoy collecting dolls, or have a special girl in your life with a body size of Thumbelina, will enjoy this page.

Have a delightful and restful evening.

Laura
Davina Dawn Sewing Specialties

No comments:

Post a Comment