Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfulness

There is so much to be thankful for.

We all face trials in our lives, challenges that make us want to give up at times, yet we also face opportunities to make choices that can make a difference.

I have been blessed with a husband who has been my best friend for over 30 years. Married for over 29 years and a friendship that started a few years prior. In addition I have three daughters who will always be a sweet treasure that I am so very grateful for.

Nine years ago my business started as something to do part-time to help support the family while I stayed home to care for and homeschool our daughters.

It was a challenging decision to stay home, homeschool and start my business, but it proved to be well worth it. There were many looking for what I had to offer, not only locally but also internationally.

This past spring I made the decision, with the full support of my husband, to take my business from the part-time level to full-time. It was a decision that I do not regret and find that the Lord has blessed.

I not only create doll clothing, as I did when I first started in 2000, but I also enjoy making the infant/toddler blankets, therapy bags, Christmas stockings, fleece wraps, and more for my web-site. In addition, I have been blessed to take care of other's needs, outside our family, with their alteration, mending, and custom sewing needs.

For some, it might seem like a tedious chore. For me, it's a gift of serving others.

May you encounter joy during this time where our nation celebrates Thanksgiving. May you find joy in your ability to serve others in the work that you do.
And thank you to the many men and women who serve our country, out of a personal desire to serve and protect.

~ Putting Thread to Fabric ~

Laura - seamstress

Davina Dawn Sewing Specialties
http://www.davinadawnsewing.com/
Twitter http://twitter.com/DavinaDawnSewin
Facebook http://bit.ly/3MNj8o

No comments:

Post a Comment